Students must complete 30 units to complete the M.A. in Program Design & Evaluation.
- EVAL 500 – Seminar on Identifying and Characterizing Challenges or Problems (3 units)
- EVAL 501 – Informed Solution Identification (3 units)
- EVAL 520 – Planning, Implementation Science and Scale Up (3 units)
- EVAL 521 – Monitoring and Evaluation (3 units)
- EVAL 602 – Research Dissemination and Translation to Facilitate Change (3 units)
Other Required Courses
- EVAL 551 – Community-based Participatory and Action Research (3 units)
- EVAL 552 – Culturally Responsive Engagement with Diverse Populations (3 units)
- EVAL 698 – Capstone (Completed last) (3 units)
Research methods, data analysis, and methodology
Students must complete 9 units of courses related to research methods, data analysis and methodology: EVAL 521 – Monitoring and Evaluation, EVAL 551 – Community-based Participatory and Action Research, and EVAL 698 – Capstone.
Students will also have the opportunity to earn 3 additional credits related to research methods, data analysis and methodology: EVAL 550 – Applied Research Methods and Analysis.
Complete two of the following:
- EVAL 550 – Applied Research Methods and Analysis (3 units)
- EVAL 650 – Building and Negotiating Partnerships and Coalitions (3 units)
- EVAL 651 – Development of Coalitions to Facilitate Change (3 units)
- EVAL 652 – Practice of Project Management in Community Settings (3 units)
- HRTS 520 – Community-Based Participatory Action Research for Human Rights (3 credits)
- HRTS 521 – Community-Based Participatory Action Research for Gender-Based Violence (3 credits)
Admissions requirements are consistent with University of Arizona Online MA or MS degrees. For additional UArizona Graduate Admissions requirements, go to https://grad.arizona.edu/admissions
How to Apply:
To apply, you must complete the University of Arizona Graduate College online application.
Then, follow these steps:
- Create a GradApp account (hyperlink is: https://apply.grad.arizona.edu/)
- Complete your GradApp profile under "My Account".
- Select "Apply to a Program" from the sidebar.
- Select "UA Online"
- Choose "Degree Seeking" under application type and "Program Design and Evaluation" under program of study.
- Choose the semester during which you wish to enter the program.
- Your application should now be initiated under "My Active Applications."
Submit a request for more information, or view the Graduate Handbook for the M.A. in Program Design & Evaluation by following the link below.