About Stephanie Murphy, Ph.D.
Stephanie Murphy is an assistant research social scientist with the Southwest Institute for Research on Women. She is a former AAUW American Dissertation Fellow who holds a Ph.D. in Gender and Women's Studies with a graduate certificate in Human Geography from the University of Arizona.
Her research interests include gender equity in education and employment with an emphasis on STEM, gender-based violence prevention, institutional epistemologies of racialized gender and sexuality, and feminist research methodologies.
Selected Current/Past Projects:
- Tucson Intergenerational Healthy Masculinity Initiative Community Readiness Assessment
- Pima County Community Needs Assessment for Family Justice Center
- Intersectional Analysis of UA STEM Student Outcomes Report
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Mentorship Program Evaluation
- Women in the Arizona Transportation Workforce Equity Evaluation
- SIROW Gender and Women's Studies Regional Partner Network
Past Courses Taught:
- GWS 150: Gender and Centemporary Society
- GWS 150: Sex, Health, and AIDS
- GWS 200: Women and Western Culture
- GWS 495: LGBT History of North America